Special discounts apply for COVID-19 frontline workers (Healthcare, Grocery, National Guard, First Responders, and others). Please call for quote.
Pillar To Post® has been ensuring confident home ownership for over 25 years.
Christopher S. Boyce is the owner of a Pillar To Post franchise covering King and the surrounding counties of Snohomish, Kitsap, Pierce. Christopher is a trained home inspector, a biologist, and an independent business owner operator. He is a graduate of Pillar To Post® Home Inspector training program (2019) in Home Inspection Fundamentals and a graduate Pillar To Post Franchise Partner. He holds a B. Sc. degree in Biology, a minor in Chemistry, and has twenty-one years of analytical laboratory R&D experience in developing spectrum and cell analyses tools for industry. He is mentored by experienced building science engineers and home inspectors from Pillar To Post, and two local experienced WA state licensed senior inspectors who have a combined experience of 36 years in home inspection. His education and experience combine home inspection with past experience in investigative research, performance checks, protocol execution, biological screening, and report writing. His interest comes naturally from serial home ownership and the desire to provide a tangible, and valuable community service for home buyers or sellers.
Christopher strives to bring professional consultancy to all clients by providing a checklist diagnosis report of observations, conditions, recommendations, and findings with accuracy and precision, while educating clients about the home clearly and without alarm.
- Offering home inspections 7 days a week
- ASHI Background Verified Inspector
- Licensed, Insured, Bonded
- WA State Home Inspectors License (#2488)
- WSDA Licensed Complete Structural Pest Inspector for Wood Destroying Organisms (WDO) (#99487)
- NRPP Certified Radon Residential Measurement Provider (#111328 RT)
- Certified Hayman Engineering Inspector
- Pillar To Post Certified Home Inspector
- An associate member of American Society of Home Inspectors
Pre-listing Home Inspections
Pre-listing home inspections can identify areas of concern prior to the home going on the market, or when just emerging on the market, thus avoiding unpleasant surprises once offers are established. Some of the many advantages of a pre-listing inspection include:
- Sellers can decide what repairs, updates, or replacements to make prior to listing their home. This means both a better listing price and more interested buyers.
- Upfront knowledge of the home’s condition can lead to cleaner offers and smoother transactions.
- Buyers can receive timely confidential oral reports about specific systems during, or at the end of the inspection to assist with bidding and offer decisions.
- A Pillar To Post home inspection report is available upon the completion of the inspection, complete with color photos and documented findings. This provides the client the information they need right away to quickly take actions on next steps.
Inspection Related Services
We offer other services in addition to home inspections. These can be scheduled in combination with the home inspection or as an individual service.
- Structural Pest Inspections – if required by FHA/VA loan, and for post mitigation inspections.
- Healthy Home Package sampling, EPAs Environmental Relative Moldiness Index (ERMI) and sampling for allergens (living room, master bedroom).
- Short term initial Radon evaluations using passive devices. The purpose of conducting initial short term measurements is to determine, in a cost effective way, an indication of radon potential in the home and the need for follow up measurements.
- Air and surface sampling for initial screening of Mold (e.g. bathroom, bedroom).
- Controlled sampling for initial screening, chain of custody, and certified reports of results provided by the accredited laboratory for Radon and Mold.
- FHA/VA foundation Engineering Certificates provided by Hayman Engineering, Inc in collaboration with our team to mortgage and real estate companies, and to home owners.
Our team will put our knowledge and experience to work for you. We appreciate working with Pillar To Post where the loyalty to customers and the franchisees are important to mutual success. We understand the stress involved in purchasing a safe and comfortable home. We are dedicated to evaluating homes quickly, fairly, and knowledgeably. We are committed to helping the customer make the best decision for them.
Booking Inspection Hours:
Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM PST
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST
8:30 AM to 8:30 PM PST 7 days/week
As part of your community, we are pleased to provide our local real estate professionals, home buyers and sellers with a home inspection service of unmatched quality, precision, accuracy, integrity, and professionalism.
We call what we do The Moment of Truth. It is the moment when the emotion of buying and selling a home meets the reality of the issues of the home. Our work is to communicate effectively, knowledgeably, efficiently, and openly about the condition of a home. We understand our customers trust us to inform and educate about what we see and find, and this trust we hold in the highest regard.
- Professional, live phone booking and support 7 days a week until 8 PM, 96 hours a week available for booking
- On-site reports and rapid follow-ups so your home purchase isn’t delayed.
Real estate professionals
For real estate professionals, our work is a commitment to the understanding their reputation is our responsibility and a relationship with us reinforces confidence clients need. We work closely with the real estate industry locally, and affiliate with Seattle King County REALTORS® Association. Realtors refer clients to us because we are trusted to identify the home’s condition without exaggerating legitimate concerns.
For the home buyer, our work is an objective explanation of the condition of the potential new home to which an emotional tie is already being formed.
For the home seller our work is to honor the home they have lived in, and to report on its condition observed at the time of the inspection.
A Leader In The Local Inspection Industry
- The inspection packages we offer clients employ industry leading technologies such as infrared, mold & allergen testing & etc.
- Pillar To Post inspectors are licensed & insured beyond state requirements protecting you with $1,000,000 of E&O insurance.
- Reports printed on-site with digital photos.
- Report provided only days after booking. (Often the inspection can be completed within 24 hrs of booking.)
Each home inspection requires two to four hours to complete. Larger homes with multiple rooms may require longer. An in depth and checklist report is provided to the client on site after completion. This report includes 1,600 home items and multiple components, all annotated with; the identification of conditions, the significance of each finding, and the value in correcting the defect. Clients are encouraged to take part in the inspection process and ask any questions both during and after the inspection.
In The Community
Christopher and his wife have been residents of Kirkland for three years. As the home inspector for King County and surrounding counties, Christopher is new to both the inspecting community and also the city of Kirkland. He is committed to providing high quality services. He asks that you also join us in supporting the Kirkland Chamber of Commerce.
We Accept: Cash, Check, Credit
Additional Customer Testimonials
Christopher was very thorough with his inspection. He explained everything that he came across no matter if it was a required six item or something to keep an eye on. Throughout his inspection he kept me up-to-date on how much more time it would take. He was very respectful of my time and my realtors time. Christopher was well knowledged and what he was speaking about. I would definitely recommend him to a friend. — Sarah C. and Jamie P., buyers
Very thorough. Very professional. Chris was personable and e sites be covered all salient points with my client. –Phillipa L., buyers agent.
Christopher was very thorough and explained the results from the inspection so we could easily understand. I appreciate Christopher’s fast response to my initial email and the flexibility he gave on such a short notice. I will definitely refer him to my friends and family.”Jaime H. & Alphonso G, buyers
Christopher is a capable and professional inspector. As a first time homebuyer, I was quite worried that I would have difficulty understanding and making a decision during the inspection process. Christopher dispelled that fear by walking us through each issue, explaining them clearly, and providing advice. Christopher’s attention to detail and organization skills are stellar. When he was finished, he provided a clear and thorough write-up containing both issues and upkeep suggestions. Christopher doesn’t just inspect a property: he goes above and beyond. We are still using the write-up he made to repair and maintain our new property. I highly recommend Christopher to anyone looking for a skilled and trustworthy inspector. Josh S, homebuyer.